Stamping process is a metal processing method, it is based on metal plastic deformation, the use of mold and stamping equipment on the plate pressure, the plate produced plastic deformation or separation, so as to obtain a certain shape, size and performance of parts (stamping parts).
(1) stamping is a processing method with high production efficiency and low material consumption. Stamping process is applicable to the production of large quantities of parts and products, easy to achieve mechanization and automation, has a higher production efficiency, at the same time, stamping production can not only strive to do less waste and no waste production, and even in some cases there are corner surplus material, also can make full use of.
(2) the operation process is convenient and does not require the operator to have a higher level of skills.
(3) the stamping parts generally do not need to be processed mechanically, and have a higher dimensional accuracy.
(4) the stamping parts have good interchangeability. Stamping processing stability is good, the same batch of stamping parts. It can be used interchangeably without affecting assembly and product performance.
(5) as the stamping parts are made of plate, its surface quality is better, which provides convenient conditions for subsequent surface treatment processes (such as electroplating and spray painting).
(6) stamping processing can obtain high strength, large stiffness and light weight parts.
(7) the cost of stamping parts mass produced with molds is low.
(8) stamping can produce parts with complex shapes that are difficult to be processed by other metal processing methods.
The stamping process can be divided into four basic processes:
（1）Blanking: the process of separating sheet metal (including punching, blanking, trimming, cutting, etc.).
（2）Bending: the stamping process of bending the sheet material into a certain Angle and shape along the bending line.
（3）Deep drawing: the process of turning flat sheet material into open hollow parts or changing the shape and size of hollow parts.
（4）Local forming: the process of stamping (including flanging, bulging, leveling and shaping, etc.) to change the shape of blank or stamping parts by local deformation of various properties.